Monday, May 26, 2008

Golem Has Passed

My 12 year old Madagascar gecko has passed away. He was a 2 year old widower when I first got him, he had eaten his wife. He had traveled from Blacksburg to Winchester, and from NOVA to New York. As a young one he sat on my shoulder while I did homework, then when he got older he sat on his favorite fake branch and bit anyone that dared put a finger near him, except for me.


Today he had a burial at sea (The Hudson), so I took him on one last trek through the city. Along the way I decided to turn him into an impromptu art project. He would have wanted it that way. I don't have any pictures of him actualy going into the Hudson. I had to do that covertly so no one would think I was dumping a toxin into the river, as though anyone would notice.


Here is Golem's last journey:


























Golem: 1996 - 2008







Prints available in the lobby.

No comments:

Shark Foundation: Help the sharks to survive
Greenpeace