Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It Haunts Me

Everyone has that friend they stay with despite the pain they cause. Someone who monopolizes their time and leaves you with little reward. For me the monster is a script.

I've been working on this script 8 years. Not continually, I have left it for other projects and ideas. However, I always coming back to this monster in a box. Sorry for lifting from Spalding Gray but it was apperpoe.

I won't go into the details of the story but I will tell you that when it began it was a 40 page svelt young short. After years of rewriting it fattened up to 220 page obese spoiled child. I set it aside for a number of years then got back to it and turned it into a flat 100 page pile of nonsense.

Now I've issued an ultimatum. It has one month to turn around or I'm going to put it up for adoption or just flat out abandon it.

4 comments:

Doug Norris said...

is it harder to deal with this script than the greatest sketch we never wrote down?

Dave (IAN) McKendry said...

that sketch was fucking awesome. I just wish I knew what the hell it was about.

Doug Norris said...

well, maybe we could focus those efforts on a time machine instead.

Dave (IAN) McKendry said...

We'd just use it to fuck with people.

Shark Foundation: Help the sharks to survive
Greenpeace